Promise Healing Wound Center
The Promise Healing Wound Center is a diagnostic and therapeutic center for chronic wounds and non-emergent treatment of soft tissue radiation necrosis.
Our Scope of Treatment
Patients may be referred by a physician, healthcare worker or self-referred. Once a patient enters our facility a physician will complete a history and physical, order diagnostic tests if indicated and then determine a plan of care which follows established clinical practice guidelines. Treatment will focus on the causation of the wound, co-existing conditions that impact the healing of the wound as well as topical wound management.
Services Offered Include:
- Wound Consultation/Evaluation, Diagnostic and Ongoing Assessment and Treatment
- Non-invasive Vascular Studies
- Specialty Wound Dressing
- Bio-engineered Skin Grafts/Substitutes
- Compression Therapy
- Wound Cultures and Biopsies
- Treatment of Wound, Skin and Bone Infection including Antibiotic Therapy
- Patient and Family Education
- Pressure Off-loading Devices and Footwear
- Negative Pressure Wound Therapy
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBO)
What Is Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy?
In typical room air, the level of oxygen we breathe is only 20 percent. In contrast, HBOT or Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy is a medical treatment in which the patient inhales 100 percent oxygen in a pressurized chamber for short periods of time. HBOT quickly delivers concentrated oxygen to the bloodstream, accelerating the healing process.
Types of wounds that HBOT can treat:
- Chronic Non-healing Wounds
- Osteomyelitis or Bone Infections
- Industrial Accidents/Crush Injuries
- Flesh Eating Bacteria
- Gas Gangrene
- Select Diabetic Foot Wounds
Chronic wounds can be the result of diabetes, poor circulation or other medical conditions. A multi-disciplinary staff of clinicians administer the latest medical treatment for persistent wounds as well as educate patients on ways to protect themselves from developing chronic wounds.
Our physicians and staff will work closely with your primary care or referring physician to insure you receive a treatment plan tailored just for you.
For more information, call 562.408.3144